Getting in 3 meals a day is crucial in being able to meet protein needs. A common struggle, however, is finding the time to fit in breakfast. Grabbing a protein shake can be a quick and easy solution, but often gets boring and does not provide the same amount of nutrition as whole foods. Here are a few easy breakfast ideas that can easily be incorporated into anyone’s busy morning.
- Microwave eggs: scramble eggs in a microwave-safe bowl or mug and cook in the microwave for approximately 1 minute. Breakfast is done! This recipe can easily be upgraded by adding low-fat cheese, diced veggies, or chopped ham.
- Egg bites: make these ahead of time for use throughout the week. Cook eggs, cheese, and vegetables in muffin cups and divide into individual servings to grab and go later.
- Protein smoothies: take protein shakes to the next level by blending in extra ingredients such as frozen berries, chia seed, or powdered peanut butter. Using an immersion blender makes quick and easy work of blending with even faster cleanup.
- Greek yogurt: a great all-in-one, portable snack. Pair with berries for fiber or a small handful of nuts for added protein, fiber and crunch.
- Breakfast burritos: make ahead of time using low-carb tortillas or even eggs (cooked crepe-style) to replace the tortilla.
Whatever breakfast you choose, make sure to plan ahead. Having the ingredients and prepping or cooking ahead when needed makes it easy to fit breakfast into a busy lifestyle.
What are your favorite high-protein, quick breakfast ideas?
MEET THE AUTHOR:
Jennifer Tveitnes is a registered dietitian who helps our patients utilizing more than 12 years of industry experience. She received her dietetics degree from the University of Missouri Columbia. In addition to her licensure, Jennifer holds a certificate of training in childhood and adolescent weight management.